Sunday, September 14, 2008


Grammy award-winning rapper Queen Latifah has teamed up with major producers Dr. Dre and Swizz Beatz amongst other hip-hop superstars for her seventh studio album.

According to Rolling Stone, the rapper-turned-actress has been putting the finishing touches on her latest untitled effort. Admitting she received a majority of help from Dre and rap legend LL Cool J, Latifah zoomed in for who’s on board for the album.

“They pretty much did the whole album,” she told Rolling Stone. “My boyKenny Flav did one track and I think might do two more. Missy [Elliot]and Swizz Beatz are the only two people I have left. But they’re mixing it right now.”

She credits Dre for his song writing abilities on the album.

Ludacris wrote a record for me.”

While no official title has been chosen, she did confess to playing with a few different names including “The L Word.”

“Since people want to play games, I like to jab back sometimes just for fun,” she added. “But I’m like, ‘Nah, that’s too much energy wasted.’”

Following-up her 2007 jazz-based album Trav’lin Light, the female rap icon will be returning to her hip-hop roots as she addresses a range of topics dealing with people’s actions and decisions in life. Latifah confessed that’s she doesn’t even know who else is involved with the project.

“I did all my parts and then I went on vacation,” she explained. “So they put people on it while I was gone and they’ve been waiting to talk to me to surprise me. I’m actually supposed to talk to them and find out who the hell is on that damn album. I’m sure there is no one on there I don’t like.”

The untitled album is currently scheduled to drop winter 2008 on Motown Records.

0 comments: